Currently supporting four projects
1. Work of Art Orphanage; Montrouis, Haiti, WI School tuition, uniforms, and supplies are our first priority at the Work of Art Orphanage. In addition, we provide an art education. This allows the children to learn a life skill that will support them in a country where the unemployment rate is over 60 percent. This program was established in June, 2010 by Xavier Renel, a local artist, who for years had taught children painting at his “Alternative Art Studio” in Montrouis, Haiti. This seaside town is near Caribbean resorts where paintings can be sold. An initial orphanage/children’s home was rented for $1500/year. It has been upgraded over the last four years with basic plumbing and an indoor bathroom, equipped with running water helped by gravity from a new roof cistern, but it only works when there is money to buy water for it. The electricity is still not available, with the exception of two small batteries charged by small solar panels. However, this five-room home gives shelter to these children. Paintings by orphans and artists have been sent from Haiti to allow Giving Saves to offer them for donations given to WOAO. For more information, pictures of paintings, and pricing, check out their Facebook page “Work of Art Orphanage.”
2. Wendover, Utah, USA Our efforts in Wendover include monetary support for volunteers whose medical teams perform physical exams on school children. We realized a number of families were unable to afford physicals, resulting in the children not being able to play school sports. The volunteer team now goes to Wendover twice a year, with other needs being assessed for possible future projects.
4. Mission Evangelique International, Callabasse, Haiti, WI The founder of Mission Evangelique is Reverend Octamoliere Liberius, who supports over 50,000 people via his medical clinics, churches and schools. Giving Saves has supported medical teams and funds for various medical clinics’ rental fees.
Our organization’s director travels to Haiti twice a year to take money and supplies to our contacts there, and she also tries to go to Casa de Sion in Guatemala at least once a year to meet with Ulesses and his family.
Donations may be given at paypal.me/givingsaves or sent to one of the following:
• Giving Saves, 106 S. 525 W., Springville, UT, 84663 (Please include that your donation is for Giving Saves)
• Banner Bank; 885 North Main Street, Springville
All cash and in-kind donations are tax deductible.